Video: Abraham on Hannity and Colmes
Watch Abraham Cherric, his father, Jay, and his lawyer, John Stepanovich, on FOX’s Hannity and Colmes last night. Click on the image above to launch the movie or just click here. A partial transcript is included below.
SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: Abraham, first of all, you went through chemo. It didn’t work. It nearly killed you. You wanted an alternative and you found one. Correct?
ABRAHAM CHERRIX, CANCER PATIENT: That’s right.
HANNITY: First of all, I know I speak for this audience. We want you to get well at the end of all this and you shouldn’t be having to be fighting this in court.
A judge is compelling you to go to a hospital and receive therapy that you don’t want to receive, chemotherapy tomorrow. Have you decided what you’re going to do?
A. CHERRIX: Yes, I have. I’m not going to receive chemotherapy, no matter what. This is my body, the body that God gave to me and in the Bible it says for me to take care of this body. It’s my temple.
And I believe strongly that I have the right to take and do with my body as I please to do with it, because if you don’t — are not able to do with your body what you want to, then you have no rights whatsoever.
HANNITY: I guess I’ll ask your father and your attorney. I mean, are we headed for a showdown tomorrow where, when Abraham doesn’t show up, Jay or John, he doesn’t show up, that they’re going to strap him on a gurney and force chemotherapy into his body? Is that what’s going to happen?
JAY CHERRIX, FATHER: I can’t believe that, in the country that we live in, all the freedoms that we fought for, that there would be somebody in this country who would do that to this young man who’s made his decision and doesn’t want it.
HANNITY: But Jay, you may lose your son as a result of this. You may be — you may be held in contempt of court. Both of you may end up in jail as a result of this. Have they told you the consequences would be about your decision tomorrow?
J. CHERRIX: Well, the decision is for me and his mother to present him. And I suppose that if — if we don’t sign the waivers which they want us to sign, then we’ll be held in contempt, and I suppose that that’s a small price to pay for freedom.
If they want to incarcerate me because of the belief that we have that this is the best policy, this is the best direction we can go, to find a cure for this child that we really love, then that’s a price I’m willing to pay.
Read the rest of the transcript by clicking here.
For full coverage of Abraham’s story, click here.